1. In addition to fixing periods for a set time a woman can have a period associated with a physical sign. An example of this is a woman who consistently has a yawning spell before menstruating. Other examples of physical indicators are abdominal pains or having the chills. If she had her period three consecutive times after any of these, she has fixed a period for these physical indicators. At the onset of any of these events she must separate from her husband in expectation of her period.
2. It is also possible that a woman can have a physical period which occurs on a specific day, ie. with a yawning spell every thirty-first day she has her period. With such a period if it were the thirty-first day and she did not yawn or she had a yawning spell on any other day she need not expect menstruation and separate from her husband. The abstention from sexual intercourse in anticipation of menstruation associated with this type of period is for the same duration as a period which is only time-dependant (one daytime or evening period).
3. In fixing periods associated with physical occurrences on specific days attention must be paid that she is not fixing a period for days only or only for the physical occurrence.
4. Just like any other non-fixed period a woman must separate from her husband after any physical period is suspected to have occurred, even if it happened only once, ie. a woman had a yawning spell on Rosh Hodesh, next time she has a yawning spell at any time she must separate. If she did not then menstruate she must separate on Rosh Hodesh in anticipation of fixing a period for then. This also applies for a second occurrence. After they have occurred three times they are fixed.
5. A woman who has a fixed period for physical occurrences must separate from her husband at the onset of the occurrence until the end of that time period: a time period being a day or night.
6. A woman who had no fixed period but had a yawning spell with her last period, if she has another yawning spell she is forbidden to have relations with her husband until she checks herself to see if she is bleeding, if she was not bleeding she need not separate again at the onset of a yawning spell.
7. Just as a period associated with time is uprooted by not having it three times, a physical period is uprooted by not having it three times: that is if she had the physical occurrence but did not have her period.